Thread: Kings Of War for Army Builder?

Question Kings Of War for Army Builder?

I use Army Builder and went to their forums to see if anyone was working on updating it for the new rules. Unfortunately I'm not finding a section on there for for KoW or any Mantic games. So I'll ask on here. Is anyone working on updating this datafile? Or am I the only one still using that software?
    "Did you know that if you play a Nickelback song backwards you hear a message from the devil? Worse yet if you play it forward you hear Nickelback."
    Armies: KOW - Undead, Orcs (with Goblin allies), Abyssal Dwarfs, Dwarfs
    Warpath - Marauders
    and a bunch of armies for other miniature games not worth mentioning.

there is a data file for KOW + warpath but it is the last set of rules,someone said they would update but can't remember who (not scarletsquig) or find it again

Yeah I already have it downloaded for the old ruleset. I was kind of disappointed that their forums didn't have a Mantic discussion section for me to post my inquiry on.
    "Did you know that if you play a Nickelback song backwards you hear a message from the devil? Worse yet if you play it forward you hear Nickelback."
    Warpath - Marauders

army builder has bad rep (you buy core program then THEY don't produce data files),look at battlescribe posts for reasons

Administrator
    Pathfinder
    Ace of Spades
    Blog Entries
    I've spoken to the guy who created it before when he was adding my fanlists. Let me try and get in contact again and find out the plans for updating it.
    DreadBall Xtreme is like fishing in Cornwall.

Thanks mattjgilbert, much appreciated.
    @ scalyback: They don't update the files themselves for legal reasons. They had a run in of some sorts with GW years ago, I don't remember the details. I just know that since they are selling a product they can't profit from other companies intellectual properties, just the core system.
    Last edited by rrooster1977; 27-07-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: piss poor colonial grammar
    Warpath - Marauders

I am working on updating them to the current lists. I've finished magic items, elves, dwarves, and men. Shouldn't be too much longer.

EDIT: This is what I've come up with. All armies and magic items are updated. It was surprisingly easy to update, which means I went fast, which means I probably made mistakes. Anyway - you can download the files here: http://www.filefactory.com/file/3scu...ngs_of_War_zip

Kind of an annoying site, but it's free and it was easy for me to use. Extract the files to your /armybuilder/data folder, preferably after erasing any files with a .KOW extension already present.
    Last edited by InsideReticle; 28-07-2012 at 05:48 PM.

rrooster1977 thanks for the update explains a lot

The file is gone....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nature gave me two ears and one mouth for a reason...to use them accordingly.
    Unfortunately, I sometimes forget and speak twice as much as I listen.

Indeed it is... If anyone is interested in the file send me a PM and I'll email it out as I get requests.

I wouldn't mind seeing something produced for the Quartermaster app, if possible.
    President, Adventure Games Guild

www.adventuregamesguild.com

I've just been doing a bit more work to our KoW army list builder (nothing to do with Army Builder). It's browser based so is cross platform, feel free to give it a go and let me know what you think. Bear in mind it's a work in progress (still needs a decent print feature ;-)

Build your Kings of War army here

Gary